Monday, June 21, 2010

Grab Bag #2

Now this one was a little different. Timed 15 minutes First sentence There was no time for sleep now.... and use the words vision, memory, gifts, and beckoning.



There was no time for sleep now that the ritual place and time had been decided. Now we must prepare since the beginning of memory for the tribe this ritual had been performed by the High Priestess and her children but with the flash flood only two months ago our new High Priestess would have to have a helper that was me. I had worked for the last Priestess and her family and since I had not been in her house that night I was assigned to help the new Priestess. What no one in the tribe was aware of was that I was a Priestess in my own right a Priestess of Marahat I had communed with Marahat and asked for the chance to be the new Priestess and this was the village’s interpretation of that wish. My visions were strong and I knew that Mallaleha would soon be just another gift for the Gods. As the sun rose on the western horizon I saw the line of villagers bearing gifts for the ritual in two days time. Mallaleha appeared in the doorway beckoning me inside the temple to begin the preparations. I felt a small twinge of guilt as I knew in two days time she would cease to exist and then my family line would hold the most powerful spot in the village. My children hidden in the swamps and high lands could come down and enjoy life as I wrote and dictated the rituals and spirituality of the tribe. What power what justice oh what vengeance would I hold in the palm of my deformed hand. What no one seemed to understand was that our deformity is what caused us to see the visions of the gods and was the only reason one of us always served the High Priestess without us she would be a shame a lie. Now it was time for one of us to hold the position. It was our birthright, our gift to make up for the imperfection the Gods had given us and one I was fully prepared to kill for.

2 comments:

From the pen of Crystal Connor said...

Oh My F*#%ing God! You wrote this in just 15 min? This is really you and I think you need to build on this story and extend this story. I super love it...this is your Ruins =D

From the pen of Crystal Connor said...

I forgot how amazing this little gem was. I so very much miss writers anonymous and I can't believe it's been so long since your last post. Get off line and go write!

Post a Comment